VC2 Tube Channel

Home Forums Ask Ted VC2 Tube Channel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #15283

    I recently acquired one of these and had a question about the valve inside of it. Do you remember what type of valve this is (I would guess ECC83)? I haven’t opened the casing up, but is the valve hard-wired or in a socket? I’m just wondering in case I ever need to replace it.


    Ted Fletcher

    That’s right, the original valve was ECC83, the only possible improvement would be if you can source a Telefunken E88CC. I have used those in the past and they produce even lower distortion and noise….. not that the ECC83 is too bad!

    The valve is fitted into a ceramic valve base so it’s easy to replace. :D


    Thank you, sir! I really love the sound of this unit, too. :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.