TM88 microphone…

Home Forums Ask Ted TM88 microphone…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    koenraadvds
    Participant

Hi Ted,

Hope you do well!

Just for you to remember me, i’m the guy that asked for the P10 schematics 2 year ago and i changed my P10 with a toggle switch to have faster time constants for the compressor…

So i’m here again, i have a question about your TM88 airsound microphone. What do you think it will do as piano stereo recording microphone? Dit you or someone tried this already? I am really curious to hear the results. Is there anything we can arrange so i can evaluate the microphone in my studio?

Regards,

Koen

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

I will come back to you directly by email.
    The TM88 project was something I did out of interest, to produce highest possible quality true stereo recordings for demonstrating my consumer electronics products (the Orbitsound T12 and a new upcoming product, the T14). Commercially, the mic is a complete loser! The number of enquiries has meant that it is not worth producing a commercial quantity of the mic…. I have a few prototypes that I use myself, but it’s unlikely that I will keep it in the catalogue for long.
    Technically, I’m very happy with it; the sound is warm and intensely realistic….. neither of those attributes seems to be what’s required in today’s plastic pro-tools world! 😥
    (I hasten to add, I’m not disheartened! I’ve been dealing with mics for years and have seen fashions come and go.)

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Pls drop me an email to [email protected]….. this will save me digging into the forum lists.
    Ted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.