TfPRO T 2 won’t power up

Home Forums Ask Ted TfPRO T 2 won’t power up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    farfy0
    Participant

Hi Ted!
    I had been mainly just leaving the TFPRO T2 I’ve been using on all the time, but recently it lost power due to a storm, and now I can’t get it to turn on again. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    c

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Apart from the obvious ones, like checking the fuse…. no, it sounds like a power supply problem.
    If the meter lights still work but nothing else, then it’s an electronics problem in the power supply. If the unit is completely dead but the fuse is OK, then it’s the mains transformer. In any event send it to me at the Sound House (The Sound House, Hunsdon Road, Torquay, TQ1 1QB) and I will fix it. The cost will be a simple servicing charge of £30 plus the cost of returning it to you (In the UK that’s about £6 for a T2).

farfy0
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. The unit is completely dead. Is there some way I can check the fuse myself? Can I perhaps get at the fuse by unscrewing the housing for the AC cord?

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

On all rack-mount TFPRO units, the fuse is in a little drawer marked 230/115…. it’s part of the power socket on the back of the unit.
    Whichever voltage is the right way up, that’s the voltage that it’s selected to work with.
    To change the fuse, or alter the working voltage, lever out the ‘drawer’ with a flat-blade screwdriver and the fuse will be obvious.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.