Tfpro 538

Home Forums Ask Ted Tfpro 538

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sdl
    Participant

Good afternoon, I’m interested in the 538 compressor, but can’t find many information on it (I’ve already seen the, useful, YouTube video). I’m looking for a bus compressor (not for master bus, I mean), to be used mainly on guitar’s (heavy distorted) bus and on drum bus for adding a bit of glueing and punch (and also a bit of stereo enenchment). A secondary use could be a more aggressive use on mono kick and snare tracks. Now, what I would like to know is if it can work in a relatively clean, “tight” and subtle way or if is more indicated for extremely coloured compression. Thank a lot, Stefano

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Hi Stefano,
    Right now I’m out of stock of the 538.
    I’m working very hard on the introduction of the new Alice 828 Mk3 so it’s unlikely that I will have any new stock of the 538 for a couple of months…… But it would certainly do the job that you talk about!

Sdl
    Participant

Hi Ted, thank you for you response, but… I’ve already bought the 538 last week (I’m the same Stefano from Italy!). I think it will arrive tomorrow!

Thank you!

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

To those interested in the TFPRO538, there is now a new version with a modified connector arrangement so that it works OK in a standard MCI or Neve 500 series frame. See the product page for news of the version V5!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.