TF Pro P5

Home Forums Ask Ted TF Pro P5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dugwolfsohn
    Participant

Hello.

I recently bought a TF Pro P5 Compressor on ebay, Channels 3, 4 and 5 work fine and sound great but the stereo channel doesn’t. The gain reduction meter shows compression but i dont hear any, and the vu meters on my desk confirm it – no gain reduction. I got it fairly cheaply so i can live with it as a three channel mono compressor but im wondering if there is anything i can try to get it working again? I opened it up and the l.e.d next to the optical sensors works fine but im not sure what to try next.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dug Wolfsohn.
    Infernal Machine Recordings.

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Bit of an odd one….. if the LEDs operate, then the problem must be with the cells, but that’s very unusual.
    I have to suggest that the best thing is send it to me and I will fix it…. setting up the stereo compressor is not too easy.
    I charge a fixed £25 plus the cost of returning it to you. I’m happy to send you replacement cells, but I think it would be more efficient to send it to the Sound House! :)

dugwolfsohn
    Participant

Great, thanks. I’ve got a few sessions i need it for in the next couple of weeks, so i’ll send it to you after christmas. Whats the procedure for sending it in for repair?

Cheers.

Dug Wolfsohn
    Infernal Machine Recordings
    Bentham House
    Bentham Lane
    Purton
    Wiltshire
    SN5 4HZ
    UK

07971 429 714

[email protected]
    http://www.infernal-machine.co.uk

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

The procedure is just send it to me at The Sound House, Hunsdon Road, Torquay TQ1 1QB. and I will look at it as soon as it arrives.
    When it’s here I will email you asking for the £25 plus cost of return…. you can pay this by paypal.
    In January I shall be away in USA until 14th so best wait until after that. :)

dugwolfsohn
    Participant

Hi Ted.
    Im posting the p5 to you on monday.

Cheers.

Dug.

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Another satisfied customer! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.