Service VC1 Brick

Home Forums Ask Ted Service VC1 Brick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #15161

    Hi Ted,
    I live in Berlin/Germany and need some service for my brick. I bought the unit used from a musician in the UK. The VU meter doesn`t indicate any gain reduction if the device is switched to the comp 1 mode.
    Do you have any idea who could do the service?
    Best regards,

    Ted Fletcher

    Hello Frank, the short answer is, I would not trust anyone with service on a ‘brick’! They are quite delicate and difficult to strip and re-assemble. The most sensible way is to send it to me at ‘The Sound House’. I have an arrangement where I repair/service any equipment of my original design for a fixed fee of £25 plus the cost of returning it to you.
    It sounds like there is a fault with the ‘comp 1’ setting. If you would like me to fix it, pack the unit well and send it to me.
    The address is:
    Ted Fletcher
    The Sound House
    Hunsdon Road
    Torquay TQ1 1QB
    And make sure that you note that it is equipment sent for servicing and quote the IPR number IP/0929/089/11 this will avoid problems with VAT and duty.
    Once I have the unit I will fix it and ask you to transfer £25 plus the cost of postage back…. all by paypal.
    BTW, this goes for any and all old Joemeek equipment as well as Alice mixers and early TFPRO equipment.


    Hi. Ted, I bought a second hand VC1 2.02, and when I plugged it to AC power, it burnts out. It was switched to 230v, but maybe the wires of the voltage selector were crossed, because it comes from the USA. I don’t know what happened but the fuse blows up and the power supply is burnt out. This is possible to repair if I send to the Sound House? Changing the AC transformer will change the sound? Thanks in advance :D

    Ted Fletcher

    Hi Frank, I can service any of those older JoeMeek units… I charge a fixed fee of £25 plus the cost of returning the unit.
    If the power transformer is blown I will replace it….. no, it won’t change the sound! :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.