P5 Question

Home Forums Ask Ted P5 Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris L
    Participant

Hi Ted,

I have a question about the P5 sidechain……

I’m racking the P5 up and putting the I/O on a patchbay and I’m wondering whether to wire up the sidechain I/O.

My question is, if there is a jack plugged into the sidechain jack will it only look for an external sidechain signal, making it impossible to use the audio signal for the sidechain? I know there isn’t a sidechain selection switch, so wondered if there is any way of selecting between internal and external other than inserting or removing the jack as/when required.

If not, would there be a way of you modifying my unit with this feature?

Many thanks for your time and help

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

I don’t really understand the question….. the P5 is my ‘box full of compressors’, where the individual sidechains are not easily accessible. :?

Chris L
    Participant

Hi Ted,

I think I may have misunderstood the connections….. I (obviously mistakenly) thought that the “insert” point would give access to a sidechain input, to allow for inserting an external sidechain signal.

I suppose this isn’t possible without modification then?

Thanks for your time, and apologies for my late reply :)

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Hmmm…. yes, to make this easier I have looked through my docs and have found the circuit diagrams of the ‘box full of compressors’.

Drop me an email to my [email protected] address and I will send you the circuits. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.