Is this VC1Q legit? (I just got it from online sale, but it’s super light)

Home Forums Ask Ted Is this VC1Q legit? (I just got it from online sale, but it’s super light)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shimon
    Participant

I tried it out and it works and I’m pleased with the sound. But its so light I easily held it in one hand, I have a tube mic that weighs heavier, so I wondered if it was perhaps tampered with.

Aside from that, any recommended modifications? (my electronic skills, I could identify the line out transformer, looks like a lundahl could fit in there…)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    shimon
    Participant

Actually forget the above post. I’ve had it for a few days now and see its workings well.

I do have a question about a problem. If I set the comp to max,  fastest attack and release,  I’ll start to hear pops and crackles. If i back off, it goes away. This only happens on microphone input, when line input there are no pops or crackles even in the fastest setting. What could the issue be? The mic is a rode ntk tube mic.

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

If you turn attack and release both to fastest then with a microphone input it’s likely that the odd transient will clip the control circuitry and cause a click through the system. It’s not a fault….. it’s ‘operator error’!

shimon
    Participant

Thanks Ted.

I know you’re busy, so your input is well appreciated.

sincerely,

Shimon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.