Alice Stancoil STM8

Home Forums Ask Ted Alice Stancoil STM8

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stuartjames1
    Participant

Hi Ted,
    I hope you can help me. I recently bought the old Capital Radio OB Desk which was then used by Chris Carey on Radio Nova in Ireland, so it has a bit of history to it. It is an Alice Stancoil STM8 mixing desk. I want to used it in my new home studio to broadcast via the internet. I have figured out how most of the desk works, but there are some bits I’m not sure of, i.e. there are two multi pined female plugs on the back of the desk for remote starts on the faders, which we need to understand. Do you still posses the circuit diagrams for the desk or can you point me in the right direction.
    Kind regards
    Stuart James

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

It’s good to know that those old desks are still around….. I don’t have any circuit or system details on them now, but the multiwats were simply start contacts from faders and possibly the on-air mic switch.
    Sorry I can’t help, but once again, the servicing arrangement still is valid…… I will check over and fix any of the old gear; it’s 25 quid plus postage unless something really significant needs replacing. :?

stuartjames1
    Participant

Thanks for the rpl. When you say you will check over the old gear do you mean you would come and look at the desk here or do I bring it to you? Also can I still get the femail plug that fits in the male fader start plug?
    Thanks
    Stuart

stuartjames1
    Participant

Silly me I’ve just worked out you mean… send you the desk…Yes. If I was to do this where would I have to send it to?
    Thanks
    Stuart

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Drop me an email to [email protected] and I will give you the address and details.
    Yes, I believe those connectors are still available….. I will check for you on Monday.

joibjarna
    Participant

I have one, got it last year and I use the mic preamps…. like the limiter,

is there ANY documentation available for this unit?

just curious

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Yes, the limiter is very good…. we knew something about low budget broadcasting in those days!
    But the news i8s not so good on documentation…. I have nothing but a picture. :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.