Alice 2008 mixer

Home Forums Ask Ted Alice 2008 mixer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    guze
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m getting a Stancoil Alice 2008,
    can you tell me if the monitor outs, and aux send and returns are balanced? Is it discrete or does it have IC opamps in it?
    Can you send me the schematics(if you have them)?
    Thanks

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

I need to know a bit more about the mixer…. we built a number of mixers using 828 technology, and I have the circuitry for that, but there were a number of others that are lost in the mists of time.
    If you can post (or email) a pcture of the mixer top, I can probably work out what it was….. most were unbalanced unless they were for use in radio stations.

guze
    Participant

The main and auxiliary outputs are on XLR, the monitor, returns and check input(???) are in 1/4″ jack out
    It has direct outs on every channel

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Sorry, your pic did not resolve on my computer….. can you try emailing direct ([email protected])?

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

OK, got the pictures! This is a really nice mixer!
    It was made basically from 828 channel modules with a special group section incorporating talkback. It was built originally as an outside broadcast mixer for small live events…. I wish I could remember the radio station it was built for…… possibly Edinburgh, or Tyne/Tees, or may even have been Cardiff.
    The giveaway is the back panel where there are sockets for external battery input! There is one oddity…. it’s fitted with VU meters; most of our radio station mixers had PPMs. It would be interesting to know its history.
    ‘B-check’ is an input for checking the output of tape machines.
    It looks in pristine condition and I’m sure it will work well. The circuitry uses ICs and it’s likely that the outputs will be balanced, although I can’t be sure…. I don’t have the circuitry information for this one…..
    The inputs will certainly be Sowter transformers. The direct channel outputs will be unbalanced, as will the aux inputs.
    The faders look like 100mm Penny and Giles….. this was a very expensive mixer in its day.

guze
    Participant

I’ll take some pictures from the inside when I can

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.