Home Forums Ask Ted SC2 1.07 Reply To: SC2 1.07

Zebra_PD
Participant

Hi Ted!

I had a later version a couple of years ago with the dark mode. You actually helped me out and send me some original parts for it and I am truly grateful for it. You are truly one of kind in the audio world.

Sadly I had to sell it 2 years ago to pay rent doe to falling sick.

But I’m better now and back in the recording game. But I always missed the old drum devil. :)

I have now been offered a SC2 1.07 but really liked what the dark mode could do guitar busses and rock drums.

I read on the forum that the dark mode was a way of altering the timing shape of the release. Could perhaps tell me more about this? Also remember that in my manual there was a writing about an unusualtime curve when the compression was released.

Also wounder if would be possible for me to add an extra PCB and/or changes to the main pcb to retrofit a dark mode switch on the 1.07 or other wise alter the sound more in the dark mode I really liked.

I also read a post by Alan Hyatt on gearslotz that your reason for adding the dark mode switch was a done to get the was to get it closer to the sound of the earlier version of your compressor. Is he right in this statement Ted? If so if there where other alternation on the version 1.07 you would have done in hindsight compared to your first versions?

Also there are some rumours circulating on gearslutz that the first version of your compressor had an output transformer similar to your original preamp. Is this true and if so what brand and model where they? Curious to perhaps add some for extra flavour.

Kindest regards Pierre