VC1Q Needs Service

Home Forums Ask Ted VC1Q Needs Service

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Studiolodge
    Participant

Hi Ted

I have a VC1Q which I bought second hand a while back – It’s clearly been opened up by someone because the casing shows signs of cutting to get access to the insides. It sounded fine at the time but in comparisson to my VC3, it has absolutely no high end. There is also a problem with one of the rear XLR connectors. I am based in the UK

I spent £550 ( A fortune to me) on this unit and until I found this website I was certain that I had wasted my money. I know the unit can sound great but as yet I haven’t been able to use it at all except for Bass but I really bought it to be my primary Vocal Unit

Please could you confirm that you would be happy to receive the unit for a service

Many thanks in anticipation of your response

Jerry

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Did I fix this one? I’m not sure… There was a black hole of missed questions.
    But, once again, I am here, and if there’s a problem with older gear that I designed (all the Alice and JoeMeek gear) then please feel free to email me. 😆
    Ted

Studiolodge
    Participant

Hi Ted

Glad to see that you’re back.

In answer to your question – no you haven’t fixed this particular unit..

I would love to send it in to you but want to get the OK to do so from you first

Look forward to your reply

Jerry

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

HI Jerry, If it’s one of the surface mount VC1s that we made for a while, I can’t guarantee to fix it…. a lot of the parts are no longer available, but I’m happy to look at it and see if we can get it back to original performance….. I had a very early ‘brick’ in for service this week; it had been ‘modified’ and was not working. I was able to get it back to original spec and it’s wonderful! :)

Studiolodge
    Participant

Hi Ted

That’s great news – A return to original performance would indeed be wonderful.

I will parcel up and post to The Sound House as soon as possible

Many Thanks

Jerry

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

OK, but no guarantees! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.