The Purple Alice

Home Forums Ask Ted The Purple Alice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DEYO
    Participant

Mr Fletcher,
    So sorry to bother you , but I can not get any help with this Alice and I so want to bring her back to life . The strips ( I think ) are plus and minus 18V . I have recapped them for most were dry. The lights I think might be 24v. The center of the console is not in the greatest of shape. Caps leaked & I cleaned it all . I just don’t know what really powers her & I don’t know what caps to replace them with. I have no schematics at all. I am pretty sure you would know her as the Joe Walsh Alice. I am having a hard time posting her picture here , but a picture is here if you would like to see what she looks like http://www.prodigy-pro.com/diy/index.php?topic=36379.0 Many blessings sent with this Deyo

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s the ‘Joe Walsh’ Alice…… I remember it well because I delivered it personally to Boulder Colorado and was able to ‘hang out’ with Joe and the band.
    The channels operate on 15-0-15, I advise against pushing them to 18V, they may stand it but it affects reliability.
    The meters are probably 24V, but we always run them on 15V AC nowadays, it makes them last longer.
    I’m afraid I don’t have any drawings for that series (It was a ‘Trackplan’ mixer) but the circuitry is very simple…. nothing over-clever…. It was a good design and sounded great, mainly because of the simplicity and plenty of headroom.

DEYO
    Participant

Mr Fletcher,
    Thank you for your help. I will be very happy to tell you what happens to this Alice. Many Blessings sent . D

DEYO
    Participant

Ted,
    So sorry to say that the middle of the console has not survived the years that it was in storage. The caps are just beyond knowing what was there & some of the wiring inside the board was tampered with ( lines cut ) . I have tried for the past 2 years to get info on her and just had no luck. I am keeping 8 channels and the rest will be sold off. The only things that worked on this board were the channels themselves. Sorry to see her get parted out but it’s the only thing that I can do. Thanks again for your help. DEYO

WHoops
    Participant

DEYO wrote:

Ted,

So sorry to say that the middle of the console has not survived the years that it was in storage. The caps are just beyond knowing what was there & some of the wiring inside the board was tampered with ( lines cut ) . I have tried for the past 2 years to get info on her and just had no luck. I am keeping 8 channels and the rest will be sold off. The only things that worked on this board were the channels themselves. Sorry to see her get parted out but it’s the only thing that I can do. Thanks again for your help. DEYO

Hi Deyo,

it’s a shame that you had to part that beautiful desk out,

are you using the channels at the moment?

How do they sound?

Did you sell all of your modules, or do you still have something left?

My best regards

Thanks,

TS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.