SC 2.2 Slope Knob dead

Home Forums Ask Ted SC 2.2 Slope Knob dead

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Londoncaller
    Participant

Hi Ted, I have been the proud owner of a JoeMeek SC 2.02 (is what it says on the PCB) Stereo Compressor for many years, but I am afraid I have damaged my little baby: I hit the Slope Knob (the one with 5 positions) and the bar inside it got sliced at main panel surface level, the knob and its screw are fine. I opened the box and I’ve seen that a possible repair would be to replace the whole switch that sits on the other side of the panel on the main PCB board (inside the box), that switch is soldered by 24 points. I am good at soldering / desoldering and I think I could replace it with a new one. Could You please tell me where I could find that piece? I need to identify it. Thank You so much for Your time. Cheers. Here You can see some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/FOTOS%20STUDIO%20VENTA/JOEMEEK%20SC%202.2

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

There is a problem with those 5-way switches, the switch shaft is a bit delicate! :(

Yes, I have that part available, it’s the actual 4-pole 5-way switch. The cost is £12 plus the cost of sending it, so if you would like to transfer £13.80 to my paypal account ([email protected]) I will get a switch off to you quickly. :)

Londoncaller
    Participant

Many Thanks Ted for Your quick response! I can’t count how many emails have sent to PMI or Joemeek homepage and never got a response, they look they are on “vacation”, finding You here at TFPRO this same day and having an answer from the same Ted is something I wouldn’t expect this morning when I woke up from bed. I accept Your offer with pleasure. I have a Paypal account but … Is there any way to give You my delivery adress in private, please?, I know Paypal has my right delivery adress, but just in case I’d prefer to write it for You. Cheers!

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Your slope switch is on its way to you. :)

Londoncaller
    Participant

Ok Ted, the switch arrived two days ago and yesterday I replaced the old one, now the SC2 is working perfectly again, thanks for Your help, kind regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.