Home Forums Ask Ted P38

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bentheass
    Participant

Hi Ted,

I know the new P38EX is almost here but finances are tighter than I expected they would be and I found a P38 that was advertised as “powers up and responds to controls but doesn’t sound right”… hahaha. Anyways, the price was good enough that even with the cost of sending it to a technician I think I will come out on top. I was just wondering… 1)Is there by any chance, anyone in Chicago, USA that you know of that is particularly familiar with your products? I have a tech shop I trust for most of my gear but anyone who is a TFPro-Pro would be a plus. 2) Do you happen to have a service manual for these units in case the technician does need some guidance? Thank you in advance for your time. Much appreciated, always.

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Yes, you are right, the new P38EX Mk2 is very nearly here…. in fact I have the electronics in production with 5 sets complete and tested today (30th Oct 2019).

That was the good news; the not so good news is that I don’t know of any tech people that I would recommend, Opto compressors are not particularly ‘advanced’ in circuitry, but they can be tricky to set up. If you want to trust it to a local tech, I am happy to let you have copies of the original circuit sketches and any other info I have; the info is a little scrappy, I never get the time to refine it! To get the info, please drop me an email on [email protected].

If you want to send it back to me to sort out, that’s OK too.

A general note to anyone sending equipment to me to fix from the USA…… The equipment will not be working so be sure to mark it clearly as ‘NOT WORKING, RETURNING TO MANUFACTURER FOR SERVICE’. And on the customs forms put a very low value, otherwise I get interrogated by the customs here in the UK and end up having to argue for a couple of weeks and eventually having to pay full import duty. If it’s all kept ‘low key’, there is no problem; getting out from the UK is easy and trouble-free.

Keep an eye open for my new website….. it should be up in a couple of weeks; complete with pictures of the new super-smart P38EX Mk2 with its illuminated push-buttons! :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.