JoeMeek Tube Channel VC2 unwanted signal

Home Forums Ask Ted JoeMeek Tube Channel VC2 unwanted signal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Barrzz
    Participant

Hi Ted, Firstly thanks for letting me join the forum.

I have one of your JoeMeek Tube Channel VC2’s. When I put signal into it on either line or mic input, (using either XLR or Jack input) and turn down the Main Output to zero, I still get signal coming through. The higher the Input Gain, the louder the unprocessed signal. Is this supposed to happen? I thought that all I should hear from the output would be processed signal…

Thanks in advance,

All the best,

Ben

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I was puzzled by your question…. checking with the original circuit diagram, the output gain control does not shut off completely…. there is always an element of output, but it is all ‘processed’ signal, coming from the input amplifier via the valve stage, the compressor and the enhancer. That’s the way it is.

At that time I always designed so that the input and output controls worked more as ‘presets’ and did not turn off completely.

So the answer is, if there really is any signal going directly from the input amplifier to the output stage, then there’s a very unusual fault somewhere and I have never come across that before. :?

Barrzz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Ted,

Well as long as the signal that remains (after turning down the Main Output) is running through the same signal path as the when it’s turned up, it doesn’t really matter at all.. I had just presumed that it was the original untreated signal. I’ll check some more and see if I can confirm that I can hear the compressor and enhancer working when the outputs down.

Well just checked it and confirmed that it’s as you say it should be, so no problem…

Thanks again for the help, silly of me to presume that it was original signal and not check it first…

Cheers,

Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.