B-1re-boot

Home Forums Ask Ted B-1re-boot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vodmasteri
    Participant

Dear sir,

w/r to this [rare] b-1 : my Hooter lits, although no longer passing signal.

‘tried to delve into it ; am not technician, though. Maybe a factory return or indicate me someone —me ‘won’t weigh exagerately over your timetable (you being busy w/ better designs like TDC).

Kind regards,

Vojvodproject mastering,

honour’d to join (having chosen kind of compression o’er digital duties)
    ” class=”bbcode_url”>

+33 9 69 80 58 41

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

That’s a lovely picture of a ‘B1’!!

Those things are generally super reliable. If you are in the UK, just send it to me and I will have a look at it. the most it will cost is £25 plus the cost of return (about £5)

(I normally charge a fixed service fee of £50 to fix old gear from that era, but as this is a ‘Hooter’ I’m happy to deal with it for less…. that would go for a VC3 or similar as well) :)

We originally made about 200 of those ‘B1’ units and this is the first ‘failure’ I have heard of.

Vodmasteri
    Participant

a) glad you like the pic’, sir.

b) you’re certainly right, this should be benign matter.

c) we’d be happy thanks to your gentleness!

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Don’t under-estimate the Hooter B1!

The ‘front end’ is a completely ‘up to date’ solid state mic amp with excellent overload margin…. miles better than most modern equipment. The compressor is novel, but works very well, as does the noise gate. Testing this one (that came in from France) was really interesting; the noise levels and distortion are well up to modern standards and I shall be digging out my own old B1 that has been sitting in a cupboard for years, and I shall use it again. :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.