828 Mk 1 Monitor Output

Home Forums Ask Ted 828 Mk 1 Monitor Output

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tubescreamer
    Participant

Am I right in thinking the monitor output on these boards is mono? Is there a schematic available for the output section?

Thank you

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

No, that’s not right. The 828 range all have stereo monitoring with mono/dim switching but with mono PFL.
    The new 828 Mk3 has the same but it also has a relay mute system so that the mixer is suitable for ‘self-op’ radio use.
    BTW, the new 828 Mk3 is on final test now and will be announced shortly.

tubescreamer
    Participant

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the reply. Exciting news about the Mk3! I imagine you’ll shift a few of those.

OK, so the single ‘monitor output’ jack on the back of the unit is stereo? Mine must be faulty then.

Ted Fletcher
    Keymaster

Not necessarily. There were a number of variations and yours could possibly have been a ‘mono’ one.
    However, the new 828Mk3 is now a reality, it has taken the whole of the ‘Covid’ period to develop, but it is now done and sounding the same as the original…. well, it should do; it’s using the same circuitry. The original needed a team of girls in the Windsor factory to do all the point-to-point wiring. The new one has clever precision circuit boards that eliminate all the channel wiring except the faders.
    it’s sounding good…. and will be announced very soon!

smoidy
    Participant

Wonderful news. Looking forward to seeing it in the products section

tubescreamer
    Participant

Not necessarily. There were a number of variations and yours could possibly have been a ‘mono’ one.

I see, well, as soon as I can bear to unplug it I will open it up and have a look. I should perhaps have mentioned that this particular desk is actually labelled as an ‘Itam 882’, but with an Alice sticker on the back.

tubescreamer
    Participant

Well, I fixed it. It is indeed a single, stereo socket, however due to a bad electrolytic capacitor it had gone one-sided.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.